resolution for 2017 is to find a place where I will never again feel/say/think - "physically here, mentally not"
Saturday, 7 January 2017
Friday, 16 December 2016
I made these mood boards & styled these outfits for my assignment presentation for Advanced Fashion Styling course in Dublin Institute of Design led by stylist Laura Jordan of Stylesavvy.ie.
8 weeks, every Wednesday, for 2 & half hours I felt alive & interested in where I was & what I was doing.
Sunday, 30 October 2016
The plan this September was to go to London for London Fashion Week to get inspired, to get new content for my blog....to feel alive & basically to get a kick in the butt...to start doing what I want/dream to be doing & dropping everything else. Unfortunately, this trip had an opposite effect on me. I was so overwhelmed with beautiful places, experiences, people, clothes..that after I came back to Dublin I fell into "creative block". Hence the D E L A Y in posting these photos. Since I returned back home, I have been trying to stir up all of my ideas & ambitions by going to multiple fashion events, I even enrolled into Dublin Institute of Design to do a Fashion Styling course, but it feels almost impossible to get back into the swing of things. I do blame anxiety, self-consciousness & social awkwardness for a large chunk of my "laziness". So in attempt to rebel all of this, I am still going to post this, no matter how ridiculous it will look....
Kicking my way out of here, I'm done.
And guys, oversized denim jackets, mini backpacks, maxi tea dresses, sheer tops, culottes are (insert praise hands emoji here).....
Monday, 5 September 2016
WET LOOK LEGGINGS - PENNEYS/PRIMARK / WHITE SHIRT - PRIMARK/PENNEYS / DENIM JACKET - PULL&BEAR / FURRY BAG - URBANCODE / MULES - KURT GEIGER
THIS OUTFIT WAS INSPIRED BY BRITNEY SPEARS' VIDEO "EVERYTIME" - I USED TO BE A HUGE FAN OF HER MUSIC & HER STYLE WHEN I WAS 15/16 YEARS OLD. MY FAVOURITE PART FROM THIS VIDEO IS WHEN BRITNEY & HER "BOYFRIEND" ARE RUNNING AWAY FROM THE PAPARAZZI & ALL SHE IS WEARING IS A WHITE LEATHER JACKET, A PLAIN WHITE SHIRT, LINGERIE, A BLACK CAP & A FURRY BABY PINK BAG. HER WET HAIR LOOK, OVERSIZED SUNGLASSES, TONED TANNED BARE LEGS IN GOLDEN HIGH HEELS....I WAS OBSESSED.
#GALAXYSTYLE COMPETITION IS THE REASON I WANTED TO SHOOT THIS OUTFIT & HOLA TO ALL OF YOU GIRLS IN IRELAND - I WOULD ENCOURAGE YOU ALL TO PARTICIPATE - A VERY FUN COMPETITION WITH AN AMAZING PRIZE!!! IT SEEMS LIKE WE ARE ALL DREAMING OF LA HERE ON OUR BEAUTIFUL GREEN ISLAND & TWO OF US MIGHT JUST GET THIS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY. SO GET STYLING, POSING, SHOOTING & POSTING! GOOD LUCK! XX
Friday, 26 August 2016
Pictures collected over time from Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest.
Guuuys, in the last couple of weeks I have learnt a terrible truth - you have got to learn to drop people with no warning. We are getting too old to have to explain to someone what they already know they are doing wrong. I have also stopped treating myself like an after thought. I am eating delicious food. Walking in the sunshine. Saying the truth that I am carrying in my heart. I am being silly, weird & DARING - there is no time for anything else.
I have also set a bucket list of things to get done before a certain deadline. And let me tell you - this deadline is an aggressive one, but New Year's Resolutions never worked for me, so - a big big "thank you" to the events in my life that have triggered me to start crossing all of the bullet points off my list.
Some things are tiny and are easily achieved - all I'll need is time to get them done. Some are big & require a lot of work, dedication, persistence & enthusiasm; and others are just a bit scary & require a little bit more thought.
Getting another 2-3 tattoos is on my list - I already have 2, but want mooore. I am really into tiny tattoos on different parts of my body & so I have been collecting various pictures for inspirations & thought it would be a good idea to put them on "paper" & have them here as an additional reminder that my deadline is approaching fast & I am nowhere near knowing what tattoo I want to get.
Make a choice guuurl, & just go for it....
Saturday, 20 August 2016
Soon we will be rushing to catch the light...change in season is oh so near....summer is coming to an end..but the excitement I have about September cannot be described..new projects, new plans, new adventures & travels; September is my New Year. So far August has been awful for me, but I believe that something will grow from all I am going through - what's meant to happen won't pass me...and just remember guuurl, Karma is a bitch & payback will be real.....
Tea Dress: Asos // Disco Slides: Sixtyseven
Saturday, 6 August 2016
T-shirt: Lira // Mom jeans: American Apparel // Belt: Asos // Sunglasses: RayBan
- do not compare yourself to others.
- take a chance you never know what might happen.
- why do I let others make me feel like shit?
- care for your body. eat. hydrate. move. sleep.
- the hardest battle you are ever going to have to fight is the battle to be just you.
- you really can do whatever you want.
- be patient with yourself.
- don't chase people. be an example. attract them. work hard & be yourself. the people who belong in your life will come find you & stay. just do your thing.
a better me is coming.
Sunday, 31 July 2016
- My baby girl bunny rabbit - I will never be able to repay her for what she has taught me. Her unconditional love, innocent dependence on me, her need for so little but at the same time for so much, all the while bringing only the best out of me. Each time she does one of her flops, jumps, hops I look at her as if I see it for the first time, it never gets old - I don't know how she does it....
- Being Alone - travelling, going to the cinema, jogging.... - my own time, my own space, silence = my happy place.
- Beyonce = queen.
- American Apparel Mom Jeans - wearing them now as I write this post!
- Books - my dream is to have a spacious apartment with floor to ceiling windows, a velvet couch & walls with white bookshelves full of books. My parents spent all the money they got on their wedding day on books, so now they own their own little library - sounds ridiculous, but I get them. The way books smell, feel.....
- Oils - my super dry skin loooves oils - body oils, Chanel oil make-up remover!!! Perfume oils, hair oils, glittery oils!!!! Olive oil in salads!!! :)
- Discovering new songs, films, hobbies, that make me feel so inspired & driven that I get crazy goosebumps.
- Walking to work in the morning & listening to my favourite songs & albums & imagining that I am a dancer - I receive a standing ovation every time! :D
- Online Shopping - it's a disease.
- Making Lists - hey, this post is another proof of that :D
Saturday, 23 July 2016
Mary Poppins, Gucci, my home in the countryside, freshly dyed hair, BBQ, mama & papa pottering around, my baby girl-bunny rabbit giving it socks running in the back yard, not a drop of rain, fresh summer scents – so many inspirations this weekend....my mind is at peace.....